Tuesday 16 April 2013

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

 What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I feel that my media product could be distributed by a variety of different companies. Also there is also a variety of ways that my magazine could be publish one online and then it could be distributed.  Here are each of the different companies and why i think they would distribute my product.

IPC Media

IPC Media are a huge publishing company, the have over 60 iconic brands. They have multiple platforms across print, online, mobile, tablets and events. They have a main target audience of adults. This helps as one of my target audiences is young adults.
I feel IPC Media would be good for my magazine as i feel they work with similar magazines to mine. The main one being NME.
NME is one of the longest published and most respected in the world. It has been published since March 1952. However it first stared out as a newspaper which then gradually changed into a magazine.  NME was also the first British paper to include a singles chart. I feel my magazine links well with NME as it focuses on the same genre as my music magazine, indie rock. NME has a main target audience for 16 to 24 year olds, which is the same audience for me and my music magazine.


Bauer Media

Bauer Media is a multinational media company which operates in 15 countries world wide. Each week they reach over nineteen million adults in the UK. As well as having more than eighty influential media brands.  6 of the top ten influential magazines in the UK are owed by Bauer Media. The also have online, TV and radio stations.
I feel they will be good for me as they work with Kerrang and Q. Both of these magazines look at rock music so my magazine would fit in well as it fits this genre. As kerrang is aimed at teenagers and Q is aimed at young adults which leaves a slot for my magazine which aims and teens and young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment