Tuesday 16 April 2013

My Music Magazine Proposal, Initial Ideas & Flat Plans

Proposal 

I have firstly chosen to aim my music magazine for teen and young adults. I have decided to aim it for this audiencs as I wanted to have a mature style for my magazine. I also want to aim it for the upper class audience.
The genre for my magazine will be indie rock. I chosen this theme as I felt that there was many things that I could include and elements I could add. Also because the genre of music is known for having a unique edge to it I know I could have something different on my magazine and it would fit. Another reason is that indie rock music is very current in today's society, so it will have interest for a large audience.
For my front cover I wanted to keep it simple yet interesting. I have decided to have the main colours as black and white, this helps keep it classy. Also because the majority of music magazines are full of bright colours, when on the self my magazine will stand out as it will contrast with all the others busy coloured magazines.
For my coverlines I had the ideas of having then as something interesting yet to the point. For example just names of the artist featured, trying to keep the audiences interested. Also by having short cover lines it doesn't clutter up the cover making it look unprofessional. Also it keeps focus on the main areas.
Also to add Puff and Plugs saying what could be won inside the magazine, attract more attention to my magazine.
For my title I have come up with the name 'Honour'. I hav chosen this as in the indie rock genre there are a range of contempary and new artists, so we should honour the new and the old.
For my title I wanted to use the idea of having it as like a scrap book. So I have the writing in bold with a black box around each one, this style is feature in lots of indie rock magazines. It also helped with my black and white theme, as well as making it stand out.  For the cover lines I wanted to use a plain standard font, just to keep it simple.
My music magazine will be published in the summer/spring season. I have matched my main cover image with this theme. I have got a girl dressed with flower in her hair holding a sign saying 'Make Love Not War'. The flowers in her her represent the sun of Summer as that's when most flowers are out.
To get my main cover image I set up a photoshoot. I used a plain white back drop and took the photo with the flash on. This helped soften then facial features making the attention being less on the face and more on the sign she is holding. The quote on the sign is a song title of one of John Lennons songs, who he also features within the magazine.
My music magazine will be posted seasonally. This is because I don't want to publish it to frequently with not much information in as not much can happen in one month.  Also it will help with making appropriate themes for each issue.
The dimensions for my magazine will be A4 as that is a good enough size so everything can be fit on the page without being cluttered.
For my contents page I am going to stick with the black and white theme. However I will used coloured pictures as I don't want my magazine to be to bland.
For my double page spread i want to put more colour into it however still have black and white as the main colours. I want to add more colour just so my magazine doesn't get to bland and boring.










Initial Ideas 




Flat Plans

Here are my flats plans for my Front cover, Contents page and Double page spread. They show my first initial ideas of how i would like my magazine lay out to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment