Tuesday 16 April 2013

Possible covers

Possible Front Cover Photos

To being the process of making my magazine i need to set up a photo shoot to get the images i wanted to include in my magazine.  To do this i first need to choose on the style of magazine i wanted to create. I'd chosen to create an indie/rock magazine. From this i need to plan how i was going to create that genre of music through my photos. I need it to be clear straight away what genre of music it was so when people are trying to pick the magazine they new clear immediately what style it is. 

Because my genre of magazine was indie/rock i new my magazine cover need to have a different edge to it, something that made it different to the rest. 






I like this photo because it was easy to look at. Also the quote is from John Lennon who is in the Rock genre so it links well with my magazine. Also because its all in black and white it keeps it simple. So when i come to putting titles and cover lines it wont look to busy and unprofessional. 
This photo would be good because its giving an alternative look with the horns. I edited this photo because i found it to plain before. I chose to add horns as i feel it could work well with placing things around it. for example having my masthead going in the slot at the top between each horn.  So it links with the indie genre as they are seen to be alternative.
With this photo its good because of the guitar so it helps keep the genre of my magazine clear, however the background would make my front cover look to busy. So it would be hard to place things around as it could clash with the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment