Tuesday 16 April 2013

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product? 

From looking back at my preliminary task i can see that knowledge and understanding of Indesign has greatly improved. I feel that i started to to learn more about all the different tools available on there. You can see from my two magazines that because i have learnt more about indesign my latest magazine looks more professionally made. This has also shown me all the work that goes into making a magazine and all the different steps as well as how much experimentation work is done.

Here is my preliminary task front cover next to my music magazine front cover:  


You can see from the two different magazine covers that one is more detailed than the other. I have used the tools available to create more layers so i could add more onto my magazine. For example more cover lines and puff and plugs, I have all round thought and taken in to consideration the conventions of a magazine. 

Here is my preliminary task contents page and my music magazine  contents page: 

As you can tell from my two contents pages the structure of them both are completely different. For my college magazine i used a simple layout, doesn't look like there was loads of complexity to it. Then for my music magazine i went for a different style something that looked more interesting, not so simple.  Also by adding different styles of fonts increases its visual appearance. 

I have learnt from making my magazine how much time and effort goes into the whole process, and that i wasnt as straight forward as what i thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment