Tuesday 16 April 2013

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

For my music magazine i decided to focus on the genre indie rock. I found out from doing my research that that majority of people who read this style of music are aged between 16-23. So i need to make sure my magazine suited the style of genre as well as the say group.  

Front cover

For my front cover i  chose to dress my model up with heavy eye makeup, give her wavey hair and to have her wear a floral head band Firstly i had her with heavy eye make up as lots of old typic rock bands all had big dark eyes, this also helped give the image a bit of edge to it. Her hair is all wavy and messy as if its not in control and does what it pleases, this links with the types of fan indie rock music has been linked to.In my models hair i got her to wear a big floral head band, this give it quite and individual style. When taking the photo i used lots of shadows to keep her face shadowed out so you couldn't completely see her. I did this to show that you could see her but not completely, this links with some of the style of how indie rock fans dress some people don't completely under stand why the dress or do the things the way they do. People don't get the clear picture of there style just like they don't get a clear picture of my models face.








Contents page



For my contents page i have used taken four images. Two of my photos where taken of guitars. In indie rock music guitars are the most popular instrument used, so i thought it was a must to contain at least on image of one. I took each of the photos at different angles one straight on so you could see the whole guitar, and then another just showing the head and neck.  I was lucky to of gone to a concert at the time of making my contents page so i could get an image of the stage. This was good because lots of rock people attend lots of different festivals and gigs, they're very supportive of the bands they like. I then took a picture of the sky on a moderately sunny day, this was to go with my festival article.










Double page spread


For my double page spread i got my model to create a typic indie rock pose. This pose is iconic and a soon as you see it you know the style of person they are. Also to go with the indie style i had her wear an old vintage jumper. Also the indie genre is know for being different so i decided to use a floral boarder to create more of an individual look.

No comments:

Post a Comment